Tuna, when I say tuna what is the first thing that comes to mind? A can. This is you not you everyday tuna, we are talking about tuna steak that are a special treat! For those who do not cook fish all that often it can be intimidating, but this is an easy recipe to start with. Typically, you will see tuna still pink in the center. By searing only the outside, this traps the moisture on the inside of the steak keeping it juicy. Like beef the more well-done the steak the less moisture in it. If you do not feel comfortable cooking your tuna to only pink, leave it in the pan or on the grill a bit longer until it flakes with a fork. Either way, this is a great change up from the can!
Indulge and enjoy!
◊ Tuna Steak
◊ Garlic Powder
◊ Sesame Seeds
○ Optional Sauces:
§ Soy Sauce
1. Preheat a skillet or grill over high heat. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Place tuna steak on a plate.
3. Sprinkle one side with pepper, garlic powder and sesame seeds.
4. Place steak pepper side down on grill or in pan, searing for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. While searing sprinkle other side of steak with pepper, garlic powder and sesame seeds.
5. Flip steak, sear other side 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.
6. Transfer to plate. If desired top with a small amount of soy sauce, ponzu or wasabi.
7. Indulge and enjoy!