Goodbye the dog days of summer and hello autumn! With fall comes, schools, meetings, holidays and the like. Just because the schedule gets crazy, does not mean your eating has to suffer. With a little bit of planning ahead and preparation, you can continue to eat clean, healthy and feel good.
Here is a great time saver recipe. The addition of apple cider vinegar and baking soda give these muffins more of an airy quality and help them to rise in the oven. Using strawberry puree instead of oil keeps this recipe healthy and good for you. It can easily be doubled or tripled, making enough wholesome muffins for the week!
◊ 1 egg
◊ 12g protein powder
◊ 1/2 cup oat flour, or 1/2 cup rolled oats pulsed in food processor
◊ 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
◊ 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
◊ 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
◊ 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
◊ 2 teaspoon pure maple syrup
◊ 1/2 cup strawberry puree
◊ 2 teaspoon water
◊ 1/2 cup blueberries
1. Heat oven to 400°F. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray or line with cupcake liners.
2. To make strawberry puree, add 1/2 cup of strawberries to 2 teaspoon of water and heat in microwave 1 minute. Blend till smooth with an immersion blender or mash with fork.
3. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
4. In a separate bowl, beat egg. Add strawberry puree, vanilla and syrup.
5. Add to dry ingredients, mixing until just moistened.
6. Mix in apple cider vinegar.
7. Fold in blueberries.
8. Pour into greased muffin tin about 3/4 of the way up.
9. Bake 10-12 minutes.
10. Indulge and enjoy!
Makes 2 servings.